Sunday, October 5, 2008

Another Nice Weekend!

Adam and I had a great weekend, that (once again) went way too quickly. On Friday, I went out to dinner with some friends...so fun. I have the greatest friends, and it was so nice to get everyone together to catch up. Kelly brought her 3-D ultrasound pictures, and they were AMAZING! I am convinced she's having a boy. :)

On Saturday, we went to the Michigan game and had a lot of fun tailgating and watching the terrible game. We got home late and didn't feel like doing much of anything...so we ended up watching Saturday Night Live and calling it a night. I love the Tina Fey/Sarah Palin skits that open up every show.

Today we had a family picture taken with the Browns, and then Adam and I went to the Real Food Cafe and enjoyed a late breakfast. Right now, Adam is mowing the lawn and I've been cleaning and rearranging things inside. We are probably going to Menards to get a new shop-vac after Adam is finished mowing...we have oodles of gift cards, so it won't really cost us a penny!

I put up some fall decor outside and got rid of my potted flowers and hanging baskets. I think it looks pretty good...when the leaves are more colorful behind the house, I'll take a picture and post it....right now they are barely changing colors...but the yellow is starting to poke through. They end up being a brilliant yellow, since so many of them are birch trees. It's lovely.

This should be a pretty easy week for us...I have meeting for Kent Reading Council on Tuesday night, which is a great group that I've joined in years past...at meetings, we learn and discuss good teaching practice and current trends, and we are able to hear some great speakers, too. I am looking forward to learning anything new that can help me be a better reading teacher. Teaching fifth grade, the last grade in our elementary school, gives me the "one last chance" to help my students become good readers before they leave for middle school. I can't rest unless I know I've done everything I can for them, which pretty much contributes to me creating my own monster. :)

Tonight we're having grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner, which is the perfect fall meal to go along with the sunny, crisp fall day that we had. I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: