Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Great Weekend

It's been awhile since I've posted...Adam had a birthday last Thursday, and we had a lot of fun at dinner the following night with mom and Elmer. I ate a lot of food, and it was great. :)
On Saturday, we went to Grand Blanc for Grandma Thora and Great-Aunt Norma's 90th birthday party! The twins had a lovely dinner with family, friends, and loved ones surrounding them. It was a wonderful night. Every time I hugged Thora, her face was wet with happy tears. We really enjoyed seeing Adam's dad and Suzanne, and I was able to meet all his cousins too. Uncle Charles was there from NYC...Adam and I spent some wonderful days with him in NYC when we visited...he and his lovely wife Kim know good restaurants and good martinis, and are just a blast to hang out with. :) It's not often that families have the chance to all join together for a special occasion, but it's truly a blessing to see when it does happen.

The weekend continued when Adam and I spent the night at the Dyball's house and drove to the Tigers last game on Sunday...it was BEAUTIFUL outside, and we had a great time. The game itself was super exciting, until the extra innings - but we left before the bitter end. We got home in time to clean house a bit and watch Desperate Housewives. :)

This week has been busy as always, and I've been working late again. Tomorrow I have a hair appointment and Thursday we're going to the Brown house for a belated b-day dinner for Adam. We're also excited to watch the VP debate afterward. On Friday, I'm having a girls night with friends (dinner and a movie) and on Saturday, we're heading back to the east side of the state for a Michigan game. Sunday, we're having a Brown family picture taken, and then we're heading downtown GR to an Oktoberfest party! :)

SO, I want to wish a happy belated birthday to my fantastic husband, who I failed with no b-day posting...and I also want to mention that although Kiki had her cone off for 2 hours on Sunday (finally) - she proceeded to scratch her miniscule wound open again and is now wearing the cone once more. :( It continues...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristin, I'm soooooo glad that you and Adam were there for TJ's and Norma's B-Day party. They will be talking about it for the rest of their lives. It was great being around all my Family..I am blessed.
RH