Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day! (a day early)


Happy Valentine's Day! I still love this "Hallmark holiday," even though I'm apparently supposed to boycott it and not buy anything or do anything for it. I'm a hopeless romantic, and I love a chance to buy my significant other a present, write him a love note, and go on a date! What girl wouldn't love flowers or a card?

I'm sure my love for Valentine's Day exists because I teach fifth grade - and the kids still have a Valentine's Day Party, they exchange the Valentine cards, and they wear pink and red to school. It brings me back to the days when you could not WAIT to see what kind of Valentine you received from your "crush" - and the kids still do it. They read and examine every card, and comment on the messages. Nowadays, valentines all come with candy and a lot of them come with temporary tattoos...too funny.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I hope you use the 14th as an excuse to do something romantic and sweet. :)

1 comment:

Molly and Jason Bergman said...

Kristin, I LOVE Valentine's Day, also! And it isn't a Hallmark holiday, so whenever anyone tells you to boycott it, tell them the story about St. Valentine and how the holiday began! Love ya! Molly