Monday, February 23, 2009

Chicago Weekend

Adam and I spent a great weekend in Chicago! We stayed with my sister, and we hung out in her neighborhood (Lakeview/Lincoln Park)and relaxed. We shopped a bit and ate out a lot...it was a nice change of scenery, and it was fantastic to spend time with Lindsay. She is doing so well, and her apartment is fixed up sooo cute. City living is something that Adam and I both talk about a lot, and we could really see ourselves doing it. Maybe someday when the housing market is better? There's so much to see and do in Chicago, and we love the variety. I can see Kiki being a city cat!

On Sunday, we were able to visit my friend Mary (who also lives in Chicago) and her new baby boy James! What an adorable little guy...and what an adorable mom! Mary is doing so well, and it's evident that she is already a wonderful mother to James. Everyone is having babies around us, it seems...we're just "that age," I suppose!

This looks to be an extremely busy week for me, with some extra responsibilities at work, book club meetings, professional group/networking meetings in the evening, and then finally a grad class on Saturday. Less than 6 weeks until spring break!!

No comments: