Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kiki

Would you believe this cat we have? It's ridiculous! Now the poor thing has an upper respitory infection and a sore throat...she hasn't been eating, going to the bathroom, or being normal for about a week now. No cuddling! Adam took her to the vet yesterday, and he gave her an antibiotic. :( Poor baby! For those of you who know our "daughter," she is OBSESSED with Fancy Feast, the cans of soft food. We give it to her as a special treat, and she goes NUTS. Well, she is feeling so poorly that she is not even eating that! We leave for vacation soon, and I am hoping the medicine starts to work, and that she improves. The vet said to Adam, "Well, it's not bad enough yet that she needs the enema." EW. I hope it doesn't get to that point! AHH.

This is conference week for me, so I've been at school from early morning to about 8:30 at night...I'm still getting over my cold, and my voice is SHOT, so the poor parents are listening to me speak in a hoarse whisper-ish voice. Last night went really well - I love talking to the parents of my students. I get to be the one who unabashedly compliments their children, and I get to lend my expertise in behavior, social issues, learning styles, etc. I spend more time with their kids than they do, some days. This time of year is nice, because I've had a chance to chat with the parents at fall conferences, curriculum night, and all the classroom parties and special events...so when the "hard stuff" needs to be said, it's usually a little easier.

I hope the week goes well for everyone - think warmer weather...we certainly need it!

No comments: