Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring?

Well, my tulips are popping up, so I am assuming spring is coming, whether the forecast wants to cooperate or not! :) The grass is becoming greener, and I'm noticing the moss growing on the stumps and logs in the woods behind our house. I'm so ready! Spring break was amazing, and it motivated me more than I thought it possibly could. However, I need greenery. I need sun for more than 1-2 hours per day. I need flowers and warm sidewalks and deck chairs with cushions. I need to work in my yard and split my flowers (I've been waiting forever to do this!!!) and I need to feel connected with the Earth. Soon!!

My poor mom just had her appendix out!! She has recently arrived home and is doing well, and so far there are no complications. So strange! Her brother had the same thing done just a year or two ago - isn't it rare for that to strike twice in the same family?? Either way, a speedy recovery is what we hope will happen! Adam's mom and Elmer are in Hawaii, and Adam's dad and Suzanne are on their way to Hawaii within a week or two. Adam and I are awaiting our first home Tiger game - there's just nothing that says spring/summer like a sunny day at the ballpark. I've grown to love going to games, and I can't wait to be back this year. We're also pulling the hose, convertible, chairs, etc. out of storage and making the house look a bit more spring-like...only 6 or so weeks of school left for me, and then I can be HOME during the day! I can't wait. Kiki and I will garden until our hearts are content!

Enjoy these early spring days....soon we'll be complaining that it's too hot outide, right? :)

No comments: