Friday, May 29, 2009

Baby and Yard Update

Just a few things to report in the baby department...we are doing well and I'm feeling awesome! No morning sickness, and my energy is almost 100% restored. I'm now in the "honeymoon" period, according to my doctor. I've gained 4 lbs. so far, and that seems impossible to me, as I can clearly see my belly growing and growing! I feel like I've gained at least 10! Yesterday I went shopping and bought a lot of new things - much needed. Luckily, I'm done with work next Friday, so I'm not in need of maternity work clothes...but I will certainly need those come September. :)

We had a doctor's appointment yesterday - the 16 week check-up - and the baby's heart rate was 155. According the old wives tale, that would indicate a GIRL...while many of my friends' babies were right on with the high rate = girl, low rate = boy, I can find just as many people that the wives tale did NOT come true for. We find out on July 2...it's a week later than we expected, but my doctor said that November 13 was our new due date. My birthday is November 20 - maybe I'll have a b-day baby! So, 5 weeks from yesterday we have our ultrasound, and will know if it's a boy or girl! We are giddy with excitement, and I feel like once we know, we will start doing the fun things -nursery, registry, names, etc...Adam still predicts girl, and I'm feeling like it's a boy. 99% of our friends and family think girl, and 99% of my students think girl. I've been told that people can't see me with boys...too girly!

Our yard project is close to completion, minus the new deck - still awaiting estimates before we move forward with that. The landscaping is a work in progress, I have to keep telling myself...plants GROW and get huge, and they don't always come that way when they're delivered! We purposely bought some smaller plants, for budget/size reasons, so right now it looks a little goofy. However, I know by next summer, it will look amazing. I'll take pictures and post them next time, along with pics of my little baby bump. :)

No comments: