Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day!

What a way to kick off Christmas Break...with a snow day!! I am beyond excited, although not looking forward to all our driving this weekend, knowing it's going to hit again Sunday afternoon. Thank goodness for 4WD. I'm soooo glad we decided to go against the trend and get an SUV last winter. It's been wonderful being able to get up our hill and not worry.

Last night Michelle and I went to "Bubble Bash" at the BOB, which was a champagne and dinner benefit for the WYCE. Although we experienced several rude people (saving seats for 8 friends when there are only about 25 seats total for a few hundred people...are you serious??...and dirty look-man) it was a lot of fun. We ended up going out afterward and meeting up with Christi, and had ourselves a great time!

Today I'm staying in and READING. I've got a huge stack of books, and I've been dying for some time off to read them. Here's the list - all have been read by someone I know, and are positively reviewed on amazon.

Dewey by Myron (reading right now!)
The Shack by Young
Away by Bloom
Plum Wine by Davis-Gardner
Run by Patchett
Can You Keep a Secret by Kinsella
The City of Falling Angels by Berendt
One Thousand Days in Venice by DeBlasi
When Will There Be Good News by Atkinson
The Reader by Schlink
The Wednesday Letters by Wright

*If you have any comments on these books, let me know!

No comments: