Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Christmas Aftermath

I can't believe Christmas is over...it feels like it flew by, and like I missed half of it. Adam and I had a wonderful holiday, and were quite often reminded of how great we have it. We traveled around locally and were able to see almost all of our family, and many friends. We hosted a little get-together for our close neighbors on Christmas Eve afternoon, and that was one of the highlights of the week...we constantly write about how wonderful they are, and it was so nice to have them all here. Our parents put on wonderful Christmas celebrations, and we are so grateful to them for all their gifts and love.

Adam and I both have this week off, so we are looking forward to relaxing a bit...we hope to visit my grandma in Detroit and get the Christmas decorations put away. Normally I want them up until February, but this year I want my house back. :) We are looking forward to getting our new snow blower and water softener, and a few more things for the house...I'm ready for living room lamps and a rug! It always looks so empty when the Christmas "stuff" gets put away - I have decorating fever right now.

Have a happy new year! I hope to post Christmas pictures very soon. :)

No comments: