Saturday, December 13, 2008

Update (overdue!)

I have been a bad blogger lately - I apologize for the lack of posts! I am going to be better after next week when I have some time off from work. Lately, every night has been filled with something, and I've devoted my computer time to facebook, rather than the blog. :)

Adam officially began his new job this week!! He got his temporary company car and computer, and has been working away at home-study training. I've been busy at work, and I could go on and on and tell you why...but it's completely "teacher-talk" (a phrase coined by a jerky ex-boyfriend who didn't want to listen to me talk about my day) and it might bore you. Thank goodness Adam's mom was a teacher! He tolerates "teacher talk" quite well! :)

In the evenings, we've been getting ready for Christmas, and finishing up our shopping...today we may wrap and be done with it! We have two Christmas parties next weekend, which means we have to be done with shopping earlier than normal. Adam and I will be driving all over the state for Christmas. We're not so much looking forward to that...we have three Christmases in the Holland/Grand Haven area, one in Flint, and one in Detroit. It's going to be a lot of time spent in the car, but worth it. My parents are about 10-15 minutes away, and that will be awesome! Nothing really happening at our house this year...just a little neighbor get-together. Adam's dad and stepmom are staying with us on the 23rd, which will be nice, too!

We're excited to have my sister home from Chicago this weekend! She is using some vacation days, and I love spending time with her. She may not realize it, but she is my go-to person for fashion and clothing. She is always so put-together and knows what looks good. Last night we tried on all my old prom dresses (and hers, too) and we fit into all of them!! Good old 1992-1994

Well, I could babble all day...more to post soon, and hopefully some pictures too!

2 comments:

Molly and Jason Bergman said...

I 100% hate hate HATE you that you can still fit into your prom dresses. I can't get a thigh into mine. Pretty soon Mia will be using them for dress up!

Kristin said...

I could hardly breathe in them, so don't feel too bad. I also have had zero kids!! I'm sure someday they'll be dress up clothes, although some of them are quite hideous.