Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

Adam and I had a wonderful New Year's Eve...we went to a superb dinner at Louis Benton, and got all dressed up...I had on the red dress from our first trip to NYC, the night we saw Phantom. Adam looked wonderful in his new suit and the tie I bought him on my girls weekend in Chicago. Notice that I am describing our outfits...yeah, that's because we left our camera in the car. :( After dinner, we planned on hanging out downtown GR and watching the ball drop, however that was the plan of over 20,000 others! Packed streets, packed bars and restaurants...lines galore. I was in the red strapless dress with heels, and just didn't feel like standing outside. So, we came home, popped our champagne, and sat in front of the fire and watched the ball drop on tv! At 12:02, Adam gave me a Pandora charm - the wedding cake - to celebrate the one year anniversary of our engagement. He asked me last year on New Year's Day, when I went out for a few minutes to get pizza. It was a total and complete surprise when he asked me to marry him, as was the wedding cake charm. :) What a romantic, sweet husband I have. I am reminded of it often, and am so grateful.

We spent Friday in Detroit with my grandma, aunt & uncle, and their 3 kids. We had a great trip, and it was so nice to catch up with everyone. Adam is now not feeling well, so we are relaxing at home tonight. We both have to go back to work on Monday, so we are just enjoying our house and laying low until reality sets back in. January looks pretty quiet for us...Adam is going to Chicago for job training for a couple weeks, and I am excited to visit him on his off weekend!

I hope everyone has a good week!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember that day, on the phone, with pizza in your hand! Congrats, I am so happy for the both of you!