Monday, August 11, 2008

Animals


Walking away from the picture-taking lady...


you can see it through the deck spindles

There were two more that were closer, too - they were trying to escape at this point


wacky cat

making kitty paw prints on my car

bad lighting - but you can see her laying up there if you look closely

Kiki's new thing is to hang out on the top of the opened garage door - she is so weird. I took a few pictures...she is a momma's girl lately, probably because Adam was gone for the weekend. I am loving it!!! I'm the one who saved her from death row, right?

The wild turkeys are all about our backyard lately - there are 6 of them, and they are huge. I caught Kiki about 3 feet away from one the other day - it was at least 4 times the size of her. Last night, they were right by the deck and house until I opened the sliding door, and then they started running away - they run so strangely -they fly a little. I still got a few pics of them...my camera doesn't have the greatest zoom, so they are actually closer than they appear. The hummingbirds are all over the flowers on the deck and the orange halves - beautiful. I was having coffee and perusing cookbooks today, and one was by the screen (in sunroom) trying to get at my fake flowers that were inside!! It was cool - they are amazing.

I'm still hoping to see a black bear wandering through the ravine - I'm firmly convinced that they're out there, as a lot of people have seen them locally. My dream is to see one in the wild - not at a dump or zoo - wild. :) I'll keep watching and keep everyone posted!

No comments: