Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Reality Check- and Boursin Appetizer

I'm back to work...officially. It has been a super relaxing summer, and I've enjoyed hanging out with Adam and our house (yes, I hang out with it)- but yesterday when I went to work, it was a definite reality check that told me I need to be there more! Adam stopped by and helped me, which was awesome. I got so much done with his help...he's efficient and stronger than me, and I didn't have to move filing cabinets and heavy junk! :) I love living 10 minutes (4.5 miles) away from my job!

Today I have to go to the teacher store and Wal-Mart to buy some necessities for the classroom, and then I'll work for awhile. Tomorrow will be the same routine, with Adam and I heading to the Tigers in the evening!

The wedding is soooo close, I can't believe it. We have been making last-minute phone calls and tying up all the loose ends...just a few more things to purchase (thank goodness!) and we're officially done. I'm not nervous, other than hoping all the vendors do their thing perfectly. I'm worried there might be a detail I forgot to confirm or something, but I am honestly relaxed and just ready!

Yesterday Whitney and Weston came over and spent the night, and we had a great dinner - my favorite, chicken carbonara pasta, hot fudge volcanoes, as well as a replica of the appetizer Heather and I ate at K2 (Kirby Grill upstairs - Grand Haven) and it turned out awesome!!! Here's the recipe:

Boursin Bake
1 container Boursin cheese (hard to find - specialty cheese section - light works too)
Marinara sauce (I just used a Prego jar!)
4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
Crusty thick bread, sliced diagonally into 1/2" crostinis (I cut the pieces in half the long way, to make more breadstick looking crostinis)
olive oil for brushing
2-3 Tbsp. butter - soft
garlic powder or finely minced garlic for crostinis
parsley

1. If you have time, follow cookbook directions and roast a head of garlic first. I didn't.

2. In an oven-safe bowl, spread the Boursin in a disc, approx. 4-5 inches diameter. Cover with marinara sauce on the top and sides - approx. 1 cup. Place garlic cloves in sauce.

3. Lightly brush olive oil on one side of the bread pieces - flip over and place on a cookie sheet. On the other side of the bread, lightly butter. Use garlic powder and parsley flakes to season, only on buttered side.

4. Bake at 375 for approx. 15 min. (watch this - I'm not sure how long or what temp I used!) place boursin/sauce on middle rack, crostinis on rack below. Bake until Sauce gets darker at the edges and bread is lightly toasted. When done, if you roasted the garlic first, leave it in...if not, remove (it will be too crunchy.)

5. To enjoy, spread mixture over crostinis! It's awesome!

No comments: