Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Recycling - a good thing!

We took our trash out this morning, and realized that we only filled one bag of trash in the last week...one. Normally we fill up the bin with MANY! We owe this to the fact that we are now crazy recyclers!! We recycle everything, and even have a system set up in the garage for sorting. It's amazing how much "stuff" one goes through that's able to be recycled. We've been receiving a lot of boxes, all wedding-related, so our paper recycling pile is HUGE. It's a great feeling to know that you did your part and are not adding to the landfills near as much. I can't believe I never did this before!!

Today I had my hair "trial" for the wedding...Rachel did a fantastic job replicating the pictures I showed her, and I felt great when I left. I have the makeup trial this Friday, and a busy weekend ahead. Adam will be in Milwaukee all weekend with his buddies, so Erin and I are heading out on the town on Friday night. Saturday I'm volunteering with my friend/co-worker Jillian at a special needs camp on Lk. Michigan - arts and crafts, baby! I'm heading literally steps down the road after that to hang out with Heather and the kids, and then she and I are going to do dinner after that. Sunday looks pretty easy, and I'll probably scour the clearance racks at the mall for sundresses and cute honeymoon clothes. The pickings are slim when it comes to summery things - fall is approaching quickly! I hope to get good deals, and Adam probably hopes I do too. :)

We have been going to the gym MUCH more regularly as of late, and it feels great. Adam is a more frequent visitor than I am, but I'm getting back into my groove. I really need to keep this up when school starts, and I'm tired after work...school is something I need to focus on, as a matter of fact - it starts soon and I'll miss the whole week before (honeymoon!) so I have to be ready extra early.

My mom came over yesterday and we hot glued, wrapped, stuffed, and did a million little wedding things. We set up the candy buffet to see what it would look like, and then took it down again! I think it will be a lot of fun, and gorgeous! I am SO ready for our wedding. I just want it to get here - with nice weather! My mom looked at the long-range forecast and wanted to tell me about it, but I really didn't want to hear it...so I shushed her. It will inevitably change and I just don't want to stress about rain when we're still 2+ weeks out. It will NOT rain, I know it!!

Kiki update: she is doing better with her head wound, but she has been shunning us (me) lately and hanging out in the back corner of Adam's office - she doesn't even greet us at the door when we come home. When Adam was in Chicago yesterday, she stayed upstairs ALL day - finally came down when my mom came over and called her for 5 minutes. She is punishing me for all the pain and suffering she's gone through over the last week or so! I walked her around the yard today and she seemed to purr a tiny little bit - a good sign. I left her outside and then I noticed it was raining, so I found her (in the bushes in the back yard) and brought her in - right before the downpour - and made her mad at me again. I will never win her love and affection like Adam has. I have to face it! :-)

No comments: