Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Countdown...

We're still here - just busy as heck and nothing new to share. I've been working a ton, as well as getting the wedding/honeymoon things together, and Adam has been doing the same. Errands galore this week - but my classroom is officially done and I've planned out the entire first week of school in my plan book....the house is clean and all shopping is done. We know that the next few days are going to fly by, so we're trying to just relax in the evenings and enjoy the end of the summer. Kiki is doing much better, and the wound on her head is getting smaller...but unfortunately she's had a bad hairball for the last few days, so she constantly hacks -nothing visible yet! :) She's looking forward to hanging at Uncle Kurt's while we're in Mexico.

Our schedule for the weekend seems pretty easy, but busy - tomorrow is a working morning, hair appointment, and last dress fitting, then picking up all the wedding paper products. On Thursday, I tutor for the last time, pick up my ring and dress, and spend some time by the pool with Kelly and my sister...Adam is hanging out with Phil and golfing. Friday I have to go to Meyer Music for a speaker/microphone for the wedding and to get my nails and trial makeup done, while Adam golfs. I am going to ask him to pick up the microphone - he has more time!

We will rendezvous at the museum a bit earlier than our family/wedding party to tie up some loose ends and discuss details with the coordinators there - then it's the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner! Saturday involves hair and makeup and girl stuff....and we are praying for no rain. I really, really hope it stays nice outside for pictures and the wedding...the cost to rent the tent/chairs outside is NOT waived if it rains...plus the pictures just won't be the same if they're all inside. I guess it doesn't do any good to sit and wonder/wait, so we'll just see how it goes on Saturday. That's really the main thing stressing me out at this point. That, and the fact that I can't be in charge of anything on Saturday. I want to set up everything myself, I want to guide the bridal party down the aisle - I want to see and do it all!! :-) Oh well. I can't ask for a better person (Jim) to do it instead. He'll be awesome.

I am ready to see everyone, get dressed up, and have a great time. I can't wait until the actual ceremony, and I really can't wait to see Adam for the first time. He is really excited and keeps repeating, "you'll be my wife soon" or other sayings similar to that. He is quite the romantic!

I probably won't blog again for awhile - but when I do next, I will have a new last name! :)

No comments: