Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!

I had the privelege to see my students witness their first ever presidential election. We have spent weeks studying the electoral process, the two candidates, the issues...and it made it all that more historic and special, knowing that I had the chance to educate my students and be there with them as they learned about our #1 American privlege. I really don't remember ever truly learning about how voting/elections work, and I wanted to change that for my kids. It was definitely a pro-McCain crew in my room, and it was neat to see them challenge each other with arguments on the hot-topic issues, and to actually have some educated comments to back up their thoughts.

Adam and I voted, and are having a glass of wine, watching the preliminary results on TV. Tomorrow will be an exciting day!

No comments: