Sunday, November 2, 2008

Football Weekend


Adam and I had a great weekend - first, we handed out candy to our neighbor kids on Halloween...then we had every intention of going out somewhere afterward, but ended up staying home and watching a depressing movie (Rendition.) Saturday, we got up early, made chicken wing dip, and went with my brother and Aaron to the annual WMU tailgate/football game with my family and a whole bunch of their friends. It's a riot every year, and we had a blast this year too. The game was a lot of fun, and the only negative for the day was that the sun never really came out - so the predicted 58 degree and sunny forecast ended up feeling much colder. Sometimes one has to sacrifice and put up with a cold hand, in order to have that cold tailgate beer. :)

Today was spent cleaning and cooking, and then the dreaded "crowded-Meijer-on-a-Sunday-weekly-grocery-shopping-trip." I managed to get in and out of the store pretty quickly, and gave myself bonus points for buying the eco-friendly reusable bags in which to take my groceries home, rather than using the awful white plastic ones from the store. We put the white nasties out with our recycling every week, but I have a feeling that they really don't get recycled. I recently read that many things can't be recycled twice...for instance, if a milk jug is made with recycled materials and then I go to recycle it after using it, it isn't accepted. Same is true for some paper types.

Check out this article for great information on what is actually recycled and what isn't. It's a bit disappointing, but worth reading.

http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/content/0,21770,1835138,00.html

No comments: