Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Life is Good


After a long and tiring conference week, last Friday my mom and I drove to Chicago to see my sister! We left at 1:00 Friday and were at Lindsay's apartment by 3:00 Chicago time. We had a glass of wine and relaxed, and then went to dinner and to the amazing, gorgeous show WICKED. I have been wanting to see it for years, and I was so glad that I finally did - especially in such a beautiful theater. We ended up laying low after the show. Saturday, we shopped State St. and then mom and I went home. Lindsay's place looks wonderful, and I am so impressed by her TJ Maxx finds!! She has a knack for decorating. Unfortunately the loser in me forgot my camera, and so did everyone else.....hence, the boring, no-pic post.

This has been a productive work week, and tomorrow is my birthday! 31...not the most exciting year, is it? I have Friday off from work, and I plan to get my hair and nails done, followed by dinner and a movie with friends. We are seeing the Twilight movie! I'm unsure if I really should see it, knowing how much I loved the books and how different the movie will be, but I think I just need to go. We're supposed to get quite a bit of snow tomorrow night, so sleeping in on Friday and having coffee in my "Michigan" room as the snow falls down outside will be so nice. My former student teacher is my sub, so I can rest easy that the day will run smoothly without me.

As Mary suggested - hopefully Adam will do something fantastic for my birthday, and I will blog about it tomorrow!! :)

2 comments:

James Joseph Middleton said...

HAPPY 31ST BIRTHDAY!!! It must feel good to know that you are rocking 31 personally and professionally. And of course, you look great! Personally, I think we are ALL getting better! Love you!

Kristin said...

Thank you, Mary! I agree. :)