Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11

It's hard to believe that it's been 7 years since that terrible day. I remember that it was my first year of teaching and I was pulled out of my classroom and told what had happened. I remember having the choice to tell my students or not...and I told them. I knew it would be a day that they'd remember forever, and I didn't want to take that from them. It's still horrible to watch on tv, and it brings back many memories. What tragedy.

My friend Brad Edwards is a reporter for Fox Detroit...he did a wonderful commentary on September 11. It has special meaning to him, as his aunt was on the plane that hit the Pentagon. See the link below for a touching tribute and a wonderful story.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7405519&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

No comments: