Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

It's been raining forever here, and I haven't left the house since Friday afternoon! Adam and I are both sick, so we've been lounging around. I have a cold combined with a sore throat, and Adam has the same. Not a lot of energy flowing around the Hubner house. Sneezing, sniffling, and napping galore.

We've been watching football and taking care of our poor baby Kiki - it's been almost a week with the cone on her head (again) and she is just miserable. She's doing better though, and we're hoping to have the cone off by Tuesday. She has trouble eating, walking, and even eating her treats is hard. She is so depressed, and she looks at us like she can't understand why we're torturing her! I feel so bad.

We spent several hours on Saturday cleaning and organizing...we still had wedding gifts laying around, and the house was getting messy and dusty/dirty. I got really frustrated with Adam, because I get tired of having to ask him to clean...I work 11-12 hour days now, and I hate coming home to mess when someone has been home all day. He got really defensive at first, but then he later talked to me about it and said that yes, if he's home and not working that he totally should be cleaning and helping cook dinner. That sprouted a conversation about what to have for dinner if he cooks...and he listed the whopping 5 things he knows how to cook - all of which we had in the last week. :-) Such a guy. Needless to say, I'm excited about the Main Dish Kitchen meals we have coming...Adam did make the chicken wing dip for the football game yesterday, though!! He can follow a recipe so he's going to try some other dishes, he says!

Not much to report - this is a very easy week for us...not much going on besides work. We're debating on tailgating with friends next Saturday at the MSU game (all you uber Michigan fans are probably cringing) as they're playing Notre Dame and pretty much everyone is going. Tailgates at MSU are a blast, and I don't feel guilty for saying that! It's still up in the air...we may just reprise last Saturday's canceled plans, which include the farmer's market with the neighbors and planting mums (rained out, of course) and watching football on tv.

I need new shoes, so I'm thinking of going to the mall soon - however, that would entail getting cleaned up and leaving the couch, so it's still up in the air. :) I hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: