Friday, September 19, 2008

Weekend!!

I can't tell you how glad I am to have a couple days off!! I love my job, and I really love my class this year...but the hours put in this week were catching up to me. The cold I had is just about gone, thank goodness!

Tonight Adam and I supported our hometown team (and my employer) and went to the Rockford vs. Hudsonville football game in Hudsonville. It was a good game, and WOW was it packed. We left with two minutes to go in the game, and Rockford was ahead by 3 pts. with the ball. I hope they won! We stood up the whole game, and I really had a hard time seeing over all the tall Dutch people. :) Ha...I'm Dutch, so I can say that. It was great, because many of the guys playing were my former students! My first class is graduating this year, which is insane because that means I've been teaching for 8 years! Time really does fly.

Tomorrow is the tailgate at MSU - Adam and I are currently debating the length of the tailgate, as well as the fact that we're not going to the actual game...and wondering if we should really go, knowing that it will be hours of drinking and having fun...and then an hour drive home...meaning one of us needs to be good. My mom wants to go to the farmer's market with me and then out for coffee...and Adam and I have a big store credit at Menard's to spend - hopefully on some clearanced patio furniture! My sister is coming home too, and I'd love to see her. We're going to make the call in the morning. We'll be traveling the next two weekends, so it might be nice to just hang out at home.

On Sunday, our wedding photographer is coming over to take a few shots at the house, and I'll be grading papers, grocery shopping for the week, and doing some cleaning. Oh - and Kiki's cone is coming off. A good day around our house. :)

No comments: