Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Husband Bakes!


Adam the Chef

Yes, it's true...we had some Amish friendship bread batter sitting on the counter all week, waiting to be baked. Amish friendship bread is bread meant to be passed on, like a chain letter of sorts. 1 c. of the "starter dough" is given to a person in a lg. ziploc bag, and directions are given with it. There are directions for 10 days - some days just letting air out of the bag, other days adding ingredients. At the end of the 10 day period, you add a few ingredients to the dough and bake it...reserving some batter to put in ziplocs for passing on to friends, continuing the chain.

This afternoon, Adam made the bread! Now he really can't say that he can't cook...making bread isn't easy, and his turned out perfectly! The recipe made two loaves of delicious cinnamon bread with a outer crust of cinnamon-sugar. I LOVE it. :) We kept a loaf for ourselves, and I brought the other loaf to my parent's house tonight, along with some frozen chicken noodle soup that I made last week...my poor mom is sick. :( She works too hard, and always has...but the lessons she taught me about working hard and following through didn't go unnoticed.
Love you mom!

No comments: