Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Protector of the Catnip


Here is our baby, Kiki, protecting the precious catnip that she loves to lay ON TOP OF and eat whenever I'm working in the flower beds. :-) This picture is about a month old, and the catnip is now about 4 times the size with adorable purple flowers all over it! I'm excited because I saved the Gerbera daisies from the slugs, bugs, etc., and now they're all huge, healthy, and flowering. My poor marigolds have not met such a fate - they are completely leafless right now :( Not sure why - we bug sprayed again today, but I am thinking it's something else. Let me know if you have a suggestion!

1 comment:

Molly and Jason Bergman said...

Well, I don't know if you have deer around you, but they have been munching off all my leaves on my sunflowers, all the rosebuds on my roses, and even the tops of my lillies. SO, we bought some bobcate urine - seriously (yes, they sell it, yes it is really a bottle of pee, yes, it is as disgusting as it sounds) It is supposed to keep all critters away. I found it at Flowerland.