Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wedding Stress - and Garlic Bread Recipe!

Today was full of major stress - first, we had another "snag" with our wedding invitations - and then it dawned on me, after speaking to several wedding-related people, that I was not at all prepared for decorating the wedding ceremony or reception...I guess I was assuming things would be taken care of for us (microphones, candles, etc.) - but when I stop and think about it now, it just doesn't make much sense and of COURSE I need to plan for that stuff!! Anyway, it's on it's way to being all set and I figured things out and sent more emails...it's just a lot of planning and preparation. Plus, cake and florist need to work together, coordinator and chair cover person need to work together, invitation designer and photographer need to work together, etc...it is a lot of coordinating, if you ask me!! Anyway, my next step is to complete the addressing/assembling of the invitations, get postage on them, and go to Ikea for a few cute details!!

**I have to thank Jim, the fabulous man that is creating our floral masterpieces as well as the catering manager for our reception - he had great ideas today and made me feel awesome and comfortable!!!**

I think my problem is that I don't have a certain style or theme for our wedding - I look at so much of what I like online, which is usually postings from other people's blogs/websites, and I like a mismatch of styles - I love vintage, glam - but also traditional, classic - as well as funky, colorful, retro...but I think our wedding will be pretty classy, traditional, fancy with touches of other styles.

Today I took the June calendar off the wall and put August up!!! I can SEE the wedding date now!! It's crazy how fast it went (the engagement.) I am so glad we didn't wait longer to get married - I would go nuts! I want to be married like, yesterday. :)

Tomorrow I'm off to the beach with my friends, bridesmaids - and I am looking so forward to a day of girl talk, relaxation, and laughing. I feel like when I'm home during the day, I don't laugh much (at least not as much as I did when I was teaching!!) - speaking of teaching, I had the pleasure of seeing the lovely Venckus family today, including their adorable daughter Gertie. I am tutoring her in reading and some math this summer - it's so much fun. She is awesome, and I loved what we worked on today!! I told Adam the other day, that I was missing teaching...and I do! I am surprised it took me until July - but I am ready to meet my new group of kids and start fresh and make some learning happen!

Here's a great recipe for Cheesy Garlic Bread - I received it from my friend Katy years ago, and made it for the first time, when the fam was over for dinner last Friday night, and it was a hit!!

Cheesy Garlic Bread
1 medium loaf French Bread
1/2 cup butter, soft
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, halved
1 Tbsp. dried parsley

Slice the bread in half, lengthwise so you have two long pieces. Rub slices and top of loaf with garlic halves. Mince garlic. Combine with butter, garlic, parsley, and parmesan in a small bowl. Spread butter mixture between bread slices and on top. Wrap loaf in foil, leaving top partially uncovered. Bake until heated through - about 15-25 min at 375' - peek to make sure butter has melted. Cut in 1 inch intervals and serve!

No comments: