Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend!






This was a superb weekend for me, because Saturday and Sunday were spent in my fave city Chicago for my bachelorette party!! 6 girls and myself met in Hudsonville at 9:00 am Saturday, where we carpooled to the city. We stayed at Grand Plaza, where my sister Lindsay's bf lives, and she/he hooked us up with an awesome 2-bed, 2-bath condo! It was supposed to be a day by the pool, but it was pouring rain...so we ate lunch, hung out, had a few drinks, and talked. It was sooo nice. When the rain let up a bit, we walked a few blocks to a nail salon where we ate more, drank more, and got manicures and pedicures! We walked back and got ready for dinner
(all of us getting dolled up - hair, makeup, dresses, shoes, the whole 9 yards) and I opened some super cute gifts! For dinner, we ate at Quartino, a nice Italian place where we all had a great time and good food. We went back to the condo, played a game or two and decided to go out on the town. Somewhere on the literally 1 1/2 block walk to Pops for Champagne, my wallet disappeared...I heard the dumb Tide stick fall out of my purse and hit the sidewalk, and when I had this weird feeling to look inside my purse, I noticed the missing wallet. Never found it, thought not for lack of trying!! Between the 8 of us, we scoured every place I'd been after dinner...but no luck. The girls pumped me up and convinced me that we should go out anyway, so we fanagled ways to get me into the bars/clubs (I am 30, after all) and the night went awesome!! I ended it with a 3 am (make that 4 am in GR) call to poor Adam - and he answered and was sweet to me. :) Sunday was spent recovering and doing a little shopping, with lunch at the Cheesecake Factory...yum. We actually didn't get home until about 8 pm!!

I have the best friends in the world, and I am so glad and grateful for those who were able to come to Chicago. It's awesome to have so many wonderful people right there, just because of you, and my heart and head were huge that weekend. :) Love you girls. Katy and Whitney - I love you just as much and know it would have been that much better if you were there...soon we'll do it again!!

No comments: