Monday, July 7, 2008

Things I Love Today






Well, today I love several things...thought I'd share. Rainy days make me want to sleep, read, be cozy, and think...
I recently pulled out my all-time favorite book, A Walk Across America by Peter Jenkins. I can read it over and over again, and still love it...check it out.

Adam's quirky sayings...he and I have different meanings for the words "cottage" and "cabin." I feel that a cabin is some lodgy place in the woods with old, rustic woodsy furniture. He feels that any residence on water or in the woods is a cabin. We are always correcting each other on this, playfully, and today he was on the phone and was correcting himself. It was cute. Sounds dumb I suppose, but it's just one of the many things I love about him.

Good friends - it's funny how many times you have the realization of who your true friends are. There are times when some people just don't come through for you, and unfortunately that's just how life is. However...my true friends have been there for me more times than i can count, and I love them for it. See pics above.

Pasta. I love it and crave it almost every day. I'm not a sweets person, but I am a pasta person. Tonight I'm using the basil I've been growing, as well as my new food processor (well, new at Christmas from mom and dad) to make homemade PESTO that I'll put on pasta and feed to Adam and I tonight. I've been excited about this all day.

Our home. I try to never take it for granted, and to steal the words of a co-worker, "I crave my house." Adam and I love being home.

The many times throughout the day where I'm grateful for such a supportive, kind, calm, loving, romantic fiance...I'm spoiled beyond belief and he is wonderful. :-)

No comments: